How to Write a Short Psalm of Thanksgiving
1. Recognize God’s goodness.
2. Express gratitude in the moment.
3. Express surrender.
4. List your blessings.
5. Affirm God’s goodness
Why we should give thanks to God?
1. You never run dry with constant thanksgiving (Psalms 89:20-24)
2. When you thank God, you glorifieth His Name, Psalm 50:23.
3. Thanksgiving has the power to bring encouragement to the testifier and helps to
build more confidence in God (Lamentations 3:22-23)
Paul said that It is God’s will for us to be thankful in Christ Jesus in all circumstances. ( 1 Thess 5:18). In the OT time, the Psalmist emphasized that thanksgiving is intertwined with giving praise. In the true sense of the word, we give thanks in praise as an expression of our love and gratitude to our Creator. It is highest reason for our calling, that is to become His pleasure.. (Revelation 4 :11) Sing “Thou art Worthy…” Amen .